Monday, June 9

Weekend

Well we managed to clear out space in the garage! But I haven't gotten couches switched yet. Normally I would just do this myself, but after a recent trip to the doctor where I was told I have a disc slipped in my back that is touching a nerve and causing weird numb sensations in my leg, I've decided to NOT move furniture alone. Maybe tonight we can get things set up.

Thom and I had a nice weekend together. We stopped by Lundeby's EcoBaby on Saturday to buy the Kleen Kanteens that Thom has been wanting so badly. I normally hate branding where things are spelled improperly, but I made an exception for these. Lundeby's is looking great and we were glad to hear that some of our soy candles have been selling. We also went to the Cherry Street Farmer's Market, but it was almost 10 am, so most of the veggies were already sold out. We did get some lovely fragrant garlic. It should be good in our Indian Chicken on the menu this week. I really plan on adding cooking to my blogging. We have completely changed our way of eating over the past two months and I'm feeling so much better. I haven't had even a drop of processed flour or sugar in 6 weeks! In fact, the only sugar we've had at all has been from berries and we're introducing whole grains into our diet about two servings a week. Summertime is always so great for fresh foods and I *will* eventually grow some of my own. In fact, I'm going to get some pepper plants this week to plant in the backyard. We've got cherry tomatos growing and I picked 18 off of the plant on Saturday alone. I have to pick them when they are yellow because otherwise the birds get them.

Sunday meant craft mafia! We made lots of fun plans and it was nice to come home to notification of an etsy sale. This picture was stolen from Amby's blog.

Happy Monday everyone! I'll be posting with some sneak peaks at my new shirt designs this afternoon. I'm hoping to sell a lot this weekend at Re:fashion, but I think these will be good for Reggaefest on July 11th & 12th also.

No comments: