Thursday, June 12

Gocco



Well, rather than freaking out anymore about the missing gocco inks, I decided to improvise. I tried out the Speedball Fabric ink that I've been using in other projects. On the first screen I tried, it smooshed all the way to the edges and made the cardboard really soggy, but the prints did come out just fine. After I got the hang of it on the next screen, and learned that ink blocking corrects a great deal of the mess, I really think I might actually prefer the prints made with Speedball ink. The gocco ink is much thicker, but I find that I have to reload the screen a lot more frequently.

I made lots and lots of shirts and printed on some dresses too for the show this weekend. I'm also going to work on some more appliqued dresses/skirts/shirts and will update after the weekend in OKC.

Wish me luck!

Here are some random gocco pictures from the last few days to get you through the weekend.

Did I mention that I have about 100 items to heat set tonight?? At 3 minutes, per side, per item, I think I might need Thom's help! He's been awesomely supportive and helpful with my craft endeavors.


1 comment:

Amby said...

Wow, I love the peacock!!