Wednesday, June 25

Wednesday Project

The rest of this week might consist of baby related projects. Not that I'm reproducing yet, but my best friend is. And I'm throwing a shower for her on Friday. I've dreamt up what I'm going to cook, what I'm going to make as favors and what we'll do instead of gross out diaper/poop baby games, but I haven't actually moved on any of those plans.

This might be a lame project, but as I mentioned previously, this blog may sometimes have a recipe or cooking experiment as my daily craft. So, that being said, my "craft" today is meal planning and shopping. Lame, right? Pictures will follow when I start cooking. I promise it will be more fun than it sounds. Cooking is really not a bad thing.. A lot of girls seem to view being slightly domestic as a bad thing and and then some people just don't like cooking. I go through phases where I really don't like to cook, but I always like baking. Or making candy. Sorry feminists, this girl isn't ashamed to enjoy kitchen time every now and then.

Appetizers -
Hummus - with carrots, broccoli, & celery
Spinach & Artichoke Dip with bread and crackers

Meal -
Spanakapita
Whole Wheat/Veggie Lasagna
Pasta Salad (wheat pasta with julienned peppers and onions)

Desert - most importantly!
Choc. covered strawberries
Marshmallow truffles w/pecans
mini cheesecakes
truffles (i've never made these before!!)
and of course, cupcakes!

To Drink, I'll make some sort of sparkling juice, prob just white grape juice and ginger ale or something.

So.. shopping time.


No comments: