Thursday, June 19

Craft Week - Day Four

Tonight Holly taught us to make polymer clay roses. Tara, Holly, Renee, and I were joined by Thom for this class. He's really excited at the prospect of making polymer clay Christmas ornaments.

First we snacked on desserts. Since I'm on south beach, I tried to make a low-carb, sugar free dessert. Hmm, not so much.. I made a "chocolate cake". Instead of flour, the recipe called for ground pecans, so I ground pecans into a cornmeal consistency. We tried it fresh out of the oven, and it was really not so good. BUT, it was a nice attempt at the survival food that Tara and I have been studying. Not quite acorn pancakes, but hey, if there comes a time when we have no flour/sugar, at least I'll still know how to make cake! Anyway, it was much tastier the next day drizzled with strawberries/blueberries and sugar free yogurt.

On to crafting! Holly showed us some of her techniques on making roses and gave us a general idea of how polymer clay works. And, I got to try out the $3 toaster oven that I bought for crafts. I'm really looking forward to playing more with polymer clay. We'll be donating the roses to Breast Impressions, to include in the Tulsa Craft Mafia basket that will be auctioned at their event on July 3rd.

No comments: