Friday, June 6

Still altering clothing!

I will have more variety in my crafts after this next week of preparation for the Re:Fashion show. Until then though, it's all clothing related. I'm still printing, I know, days and days of this make it less exciting, but I've got a bunch of design ideas still.

I'm going to switch methods though, perhaps on Monday and work with my gocco. It feels unloved and unused and Thom isn't thrilled with my latest big craft lust since I've barely used the gocco that I *had* to have. I do love the gocco, but there is a lot of anxiety that goes with using it. I always worry that I'm going to ruin a screen or waste bulbs and they are somewhat hard to come by.

In other news, we have a craft mafia meeting this Sunday evening and craft week is quickly approaching. I probably won't be posting over the weekend since my big goal is to get a big enough spot cleared out of our garage to fit the ugly couch in, so I can switch furniture around and move my studio downstairs for the summer. We're trying not to use our upstairs air conditioner and I don't think I'll be inclined to work when it's like 250 degrees, so I'm making a "creative space" out of our second living area. It will host my sewing machine, a big craft table, shelves of supplies, a big comfy chair for the husband to do his writing in, and perhaps a permanent(for the summer) printing area with drying shelves (the last part is still in the works and not definite).

Have a good weekend!

No comments: